2010/03/03

Ville Valo searching for potential new home country

smoking Ville Valo photo made by Ville JuurikkalaHIM frontman Ville Valo has revealed to Kerrang! that he will move out of his native Finland, should the country become the worlds's first non-smoking nation.
"I'd say avoid Finland at all costs," says the singer. "It's the craziest thing ever – the state secretary in the Health Ministry is trying to make Finland the first non-smoking country. One hundred percent. Cigarettes would be completely illegal, which is really odd."
"I will denounce my nationality and I will be moving out," adds the fag fan. "It's not about me being a smoker, it's about me having enough punk rock ethic. I'm not willing to let the government dictate the way my lungs work."
According to the BBC, just 20 percent of Finns smoke, so Ville may find himself packing his suitcase alone should the government's tough measures on stopping people smoking come into play later in the year. So where will he move to?
"Sweden or Russia," Ville reckons. "I don't know. I'll move on principle. They're trying to pass (the law) in the next couple of months. If they say yes to it, I'm just gonna go. I love the country, my family is there, but that's unreasonable."

Ville Valo sa obzerá po potencionálne vhodnej krajine
Frontman skupiny HIM Ville Valo pre Kerrang! poznamenal, že sa odsťahuje z rodného Fínska, pokiaľ sa táto krajina stane prvým nefajčiarskym národom na svete.
"Povedal by som, vyhýbajte sa Fínsku za každú cenu," hovorí spevák. "Je to najšialenejšia myšlienka – štátna tajomníčka ministerstva zdravotníctva sa snaží z Fínska spraviť prvú nefajčiarsku krajinu. Stopercentne. Cigarety budú kompletne ilegálne, čo je skutočne divné."
"Vypoviem svoju štátnu príslušnosť a odsťahujem sa," dodáva. "Nie je to o tom byť fajčiar, je to o tom že je vo mne dosť punk rock etiky. Nedovolím vláde diktovať ako majú fungovať moje pľúca."
Podľa BBC fajčí len 20 percent Fínov, takže Ville sa môže ocitnúť sám baliac si kufre, tvrdé fajčiarske opatrenia prídu na pretras ešte koncom tohto roku. Takže kam sa presťahuje?
"Do Švédska alebo Ruska," odhaduje Ville. "Neviem. Odsťahujem sa z princípu. Snažia sa pretlačiť zákon v najbližších mesiacoch. Ak ho odhlasujú, proste odídem. Mám rád tú krajinu, žije tam moja rodina, ale je to nezmyselné."

If you are interested in this theme, more infos you can find at/pokiaľ sa zaujímate o túto tému, viac informácií nájdete na:
CBC news page or YLE

I bet, so many offers as Ville will get, would easily make one issue of one real estate magazine :) Stavím sa, že toľko ponúk ako Ville dostane by poľahky zaplnili nie jeden časopis o realitách :)

Source/zdroj: Kerrang! issue 1302
Photo: © Ville Juurikkala

No comments: