2009/12/06

"Life is lonely but filled with music" Ville Valo for Rock Sound issue 130


How´s life, Squire? Says Ville Valo: "Rather hopeful, really! Life has been busy and I´m feeling good about our new album, I´m really proud of it. It´s probably the only album that has given me shivers down my spine when I listen to it. I love the uptempo vibe and the kick-in-the-butt positive aggression. It´s not a happy album, but it´s a cathartic one, and while it´s impossible to make the perfect album, we´re definitely getting closer to it."

What´s going on with you personally? "Life is lonely but filled with music. It´s my muse and my only friend apart from my taxidermy owls, bear and collection of shitty 80s movies I really haven´t done anything apart from music, there are no relationships and nothing to note apart from the album. Making it drove me nuts several times and left a scar, but I´m glad to bear it."


So is this the hard work era for HIM?
"For me it is. If the album does well and people appreciate the songs then that is the payoff I´m looking for. Then I´m going to start drinking, doing loads of drugs and all sorts of other illegal stuff. Maybe I´ll get into a rhythm of being sober for two-and-a-half years, making a great album, getting fucked up for a couple of years and then starting again."

How do you hope next year goes? "I hope the album is as big as it can possibly be, we want to remind people that this band is around and still making great music. I´d rather do that than wait a long time, have people forget us and think we´re washed up!"

Want to do something for the rock sound website? "Like what? A quick cum-shot?"

Ehm... maybe not....


Ako ide život, Squire? Hovorí Ville Valo: "Popravde, celkom nádejne! Život mám zaneprázdnený a mám dobrý pocit z nášho nového albumu, som naozaj hrdý. Je to pravdepodobne jediný album, z ktorého mi ide mráz po chrbte, keď si ho vypočujem. Mám rád jeho uptempo atmosféru a takú pozitívnu agresiu. Nie je to šťastný album, ale je očistný a síce je nemôžné spraviť perfektný album, rozhodne sa k nemu blíži."

A čo tvoj osobný život? "Život je osamelý, ale plný hudby. Je to moja múza a môj jediný priateľ , ak nepočítam moje vypchaté sovy, medvede a zbierku filmov z 80. rokov, nič iné okrem hudby som nikdy nerobil, nemám žiadne vzťahy, nič čo by stálo za spomenutie okrem albumu. Počas jeho tvorby ma síce dostal niekoľko krát na dno a zanechal jazvy, ale som rád že som to zniesol."

Takže je to tvrdá éra práce pre HIM? "Pre mňa áno. Ak bude album dobre prijatý a ľudom sa budú piesne páčiť, potom je to tá odmena čo hľadám. Potom začnem piť, drogovať´ a ďalšie rôzne ilegálne veci. Možno sa dostanem do periódy, že budem triezvy dva a pol roka, aby som spravil dobrý album, pár rokov v prdeli a potom znova začať odznova. "

Aký dúfaš že bude budúci rok? „Dúfam že album bude tak dobrý ako len môže byť, chcem ľuďom pripomenúť že táto skupina je stále tu a stále robí skvelú hudbu. Radšej takto ako čakať nejaký čas, ľudia by na nás zabudli a mysleli si že sme zmyzli."

Chceš niečo spraviť pre stránku Rock Sound?
"Ako čo? Rýchle číslo?"

Hmmm.... tak možno nie....

No comments: